We announce that Gary C. Simons has retired from the practice of law after 55 years of practice with Savage, Krim & Simons. As a result, Savage, Krim & Simons will close effective October 31, 2022, after 101 years of practice in Ocala, Florida. It has been our great pleasure to be able to represent our clients and the community for the last 101 years. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage for all of these years.
Savage, Krim & Simons, PLLC
Savage, Krim & Simons began in 1921 when Charles A. Savage established his practice in Ocala. The firm now serves clients in Ocala and the surrounding area. We practice primarily in the areas of business law, estate planning, will, trusts & estates, real estate law, and health law. Our lawyers can assist clients with legal issues involving corporate matters, estate planning, professional relationships, peer review and licensure.
The Savage Krim Law Firm has an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Our Firm dates its history from 1921 when Charles A. Savage established a very successful law practice in Ocala, Florida. Until his death in 1994, he was recognized as a premier trial lawyer with a statewide reputation. His service included appointment as State Road Board Attorney, State Attorney and a distinguished reputation as a civil trial lawyer and criminal defense attorney. Immensely popular as a lawyer among his peers in the Fifth Circuit, he received an award from the Florida Bar as the longest continuously practicing attorney in the State of Florida. At the time of his death, he was also the oldest living former member of both houses of the Florida Legislature, among other distinguished service.
The Firm's active members seek to continue Mr. Savage's distinguished record of service to the community and the Bar. The Lawyers in our firm are active in the local bar and the Florida Bar. We are active participants in various bar organizations and believe in giving back both to the profession and to the community in which we live.
Our building is distinctive in its architecture. It was built in 1972 based on plans by noted local architect Hal Thomas Reid. Mr. Reid is known for designing several buildings in Ocala, including the old downtown library, and the Ocala–Marion County Chamber of Commerce Building. In addition, Mr. Reid designed The Cascades office complex on Silver Springs Boulevard.
The Law Firm soon outgrew the original building. In 1982, the Firm built an addition onto the building, using the services of Chuck Savage to design the northern half of the building. In the process of building the addition, several beautiful pecan trees had to be removed from the property. The Firm hired a craftsman to turn these pecan trees into the reception desk and conference room table that we use in the new building.